Microsoft has introduced AI features into Microsoft Excel, starting with the Excel android app.
The new feature allows users to scan information directly into an Excel spreadsheet – for example table-type information and receipts, effectively making the process as simple as taking a picture.
Microsoft Excels AI uses image recognition technology to process users’ image information into data, converting it into a table. What’s more, Excel imports the data and lets users resolve any issues found during the conversion process. Once complete, Excel displays the data into an editable spreadsheet.
- Intelligent Ideas will be available soon.
- New data types are rolling out to users of Excel in Office 365 (in the English language only).
- Performance improvements are rolling out first to Excel in Office 365.
- Dynamic arrays is available in preview for users signed up for Office 365 Insiders.
- The Insert Data from Picture feature will be available in preview for users signed up for the Office 365 Insiders Program on the Android Excel app.
AMP Training offers a 1-day course aimed at regular users. This session is all about working more efficiently by understanding Excel’s many time-saving features, and some of the tasks you can usefully automate. It will also help you add polish to reports and generate more insights from your data.
To find out more or to book a place click here.